Most of us have spent years on Facebook, and a big selection have spent 10+ years, and some even 15+ years online.
That’s a lot of data!
Did you know that you can download a full backup of all your posts and comments on Facebook? We’ll show you how!
How To Download Your Facebook Information
There’s many reasons you may want to make a backup of all your Facebook information. Whether it’s for historical purposes or if you’re looking to potentially remove your online profile – backups are always recommended.
The process for a Facebook Backup is fairly straight forward:
- Step 1: Log in to Facebook
- Step 2: On the top right, click the down arrow icon for “Account”
- Step 3: Click on “Settings & Privacy”
- Step 4: Click on Settings
- Step 5: Click the “Your Facebook Information” Tab
- Step 6: Click the “View” link for “Access Your Information”
- Step 7: At the top, click the link for “download your information”
Get A Copy Of Your Facebook Information
It’s going to take a bit of time, mainly depending how many years you have been on Facebook, but you will see that their system is in progress as a copy of your information is being created.
Depending on how much info you have online, they will break up the backup file into multiple files so you can download them easier.
Once everything has been packed up, Facebook will provide a notice to you so you can download the backup file(s). For me, I’ve been on Facebook since 2008. My personal backup file from Facebook took 4 days to compile and was 2.28GB in size.